- see ICTJ report on 'Documenting Truth' () in the transition from conflict to peace - a guide for NGOs
- The Truth Commission website
provides an extensive background on Truth Commissions worldwide, their implementation mandate etc.
- ‘Making Peace with the Past: options for truth recovery regarding the conflict in and about Northern Ireland’. This report is available at www.healingthroughremembering.org
- Consultative Group on the Past:
Full text of speech given by Robin Eames and Denis Bradley at the Innovation Centre, Titanic Quarter Belfast (May 29, 2008) ()
- Open letter from Justice for the Forgotten, the Pat Finucane Centre and Relatives for Justice on the announcement of the establishment of a panel to consult on the legacy of the conflict (02 July 2007)
- The Irish News and Daily Ireland published an open letter from the PFC to PSNI Chief Constable Hugh Orde on April 19 2005. The letter was our response to contradictory statements issued by the NIO and the PSNI in respect of the Historical Enquiry Team or HET. Since publication of the open letter the HET team has confirmed that their role and remit is as outlined by the PFC.
See also the paper submitted by PSNI Chief Constable Hugh Orde to a colloquium staged by the School of Religions and Theology and the Irish School of Ecumenics at Trinity College Dublin on June 10, 2005 ()